Saturday, November 15, 2008

Have You Seen My Photo On Any Milk Cartons?

I feel as if I've been somewhat MIA from these parts lately. Not just my blog, but my computer world in general. Not only have I not posted here much lately, but I'm way behind in blog reading as well. Honestly, even in real life I feel like I haven't really been here. Like I've been living in my own head and I've been somewhat oblivious to the world around me.

Sometimes when my life gets hectic or I have a lot going on, I split into two Tammie's. The outside Tammie that goes through the motions and gets everything done, and the real Tammie that has retreated inward and is just coping and dealing with it all. It's exhausting maintaining two people.

Hopefully my life will get back to normal soon. In fact, I'm sure it will. There is no reason for it to not.

For those wondering, the boy came back from camp safely. He wasn't eaten by a bear. (Although he, and his luggage, did return smelling like six week old trash. I think the odor probably scared away any bears.)

All usually schedules should resume on Monday, including the writing schedule of computer Tammie.

5 comments:

melissa s. said...

take the time you need. that's what's so great about blogs: they just sit patiently and don't whine or throw tantrums when they're not the center of attention (although if you stay away TOO long your blog readers might ;)

CT said...

It is good, when you think (reaaally hard)about it that you can go on through the motions of everyday life even when you are down.... Sending hugs your way, hope you feel more "put together" soon... We'll be here, don't worry. It happens to us all sometimes

"This too, shall pass"

Mari said...

It's that whole Halloween - to- Christmas shuffle: everything goes nuts! The Holidays, the school band concerts, the plays, the fundraisers, the parent teacher conferences.
I saw people with Christmas lights up on their houses the week after Halloween. Talk about stress! I was like, "What is the date? I'm so far behind..."
I have two tools that are just the thing:
#1 I just need a good overview list and then some weekly goals to make it through the next few weeks. Of course, I haven't made these lists yet!
#2 Alcohol

Everything will calm down in 2009...

Nowheymama said...

Glad you're "back"! We all understand what it's like.

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I've been like that too recently. Mostly it's good things, real life has taken over and put the blog on the back burner. But I feel bad neglecting my blog reading. I'm trying to play some catch-up today!