Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Random Thoughts

I know it's Tuesday, but I'm moving like it's a Monday. I have a long list of things I want to be completed before the boy gets home at two so I'll make this list of my random thoughts quick and easy.

*I have proof that fall is right around the corner. Starbucks is bringing back the Pumpkin Spice Latte tomorrow, Wednesday, September 3. I'm trying to decide if I want to be at Starbucks bright and early tomorrow for the much awaited first sip of pumpkin-y goodness---or should I wait until the weather is a bit cooler so as to fully appreciate it? I'm thinking I'll hold off for a few more weeks, unless I wake up tomorrow and it's 40 degrees, which I'm not counting on. Of course I won't be in full fall mode until I'm able to pick up a few six packs of pumpkin beer. The jury is still out on when my local independent grocer will start stocking it.

*I'm going to admit something to you guys: I have no qualms about picking trash. If said trash has a sign on it that says "Free"---that's even better. It's not even trash in my opinion. Yesterday Jay and I went out for a bit and came home with this:A gorgeous, real wood desk. I don't know how old something has to be to qualify as an antique, but this is old. Plus, it has no real, visible flaws. None that can't be sanded into oblivion anyway. I was thinking of painting it white and saving it for the girl's room, but her room is a bit crowded at the moment, so I'm thinking I'll just sand it, apply a fresh coat of stain, and sell it at the next garage sale. (The eagle-eyed among you will notice that I still haven't gotten around to sanding and painting my bedroom walls. Sigh. Some day.)

*One of the reasons there is no room for a desk in the girl's room is because of this:That, my friends, is a Rose Petal Cottage and apparently they are quite the rage among pre-school age females. Obviously the cottage is a bit out of place with the whole decluttering, less-is-more thing I have going on now. My mom bought it. And honestly, I can't fault her---it is a lot of fun. You can separate the two areas of the cottage for more room for dollies and tea parties:

Then it can be closed up again for the neat hiding away of all the crap(or children) inside:

Do you know how many people it takes to put together a Rose Petal Cottage? Only one. But a lot of yelling is involved and that one person better be rewarded with an icy cold beer afterwards.

*Lastly, I would like to leave you a picture of the oddest looking spider I have ever seen. He was weaving his web right outside my bedroom door until he was relocated by Jay, who didn't really appreciate him being right at the level of his head.


Anyone know what kind of spider this is?

3 comments:

BloomingAlmond said...

Oh geez... it must be so cute to have a girl... My boy is all about trucks and digging and construction sites... I hate to admit it but i wouldn't mind to have some doll houses and tea parties... :)

is that a real spider? Oh god.....
We live in the country and the thing i hate most are spiders... huge spiders... but i've never seen those!

Simply Stork said...

I've never seen a spider like that either....weird!

~simply~

Tammie said...

Hello Simply. So nice to have you here. I was just visiting your spot on the world wide web the other day--and again just now to refresh my memory.

No one has been able to tell me much about that spider---only that they bite and the bites hurt badly. Good to know.