Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Clay Aiken, Gay? No Way!

The latest edition of People magazine has Clay Aiken on the cover and he's officially coming out. Um...who did not know he was gay? Seriously, my mom, a woman who pays no attention to the entertainment industry whatsoever, knew he was gay.I mean no disrespect to Clay. I don't like his music, but he seems like a nice enough guy. I wouldn't mind having him as a neighbor or whatever---but this is not shocking news. This is not news, period.

As a slightly embarrassing side note: When I was looking for pictures of Clay to post here I kept coming across this one of his new album and I was like Who is this lady on the cover of the new Clay Aiken album? Then I realized it wasn't a lady. It's Clay. Again, who was in the dark about this man being gay?

More importantly, who cares? Who Clay Aiken is sleeping with doesn't even rank as high as the last thing on my mind.

Stay tuned to the next edition of People. I hear they are going to out Freddy Mercury and Rock Hudson.

9 comments:

BloomingAlmond said...

you know... i don't know many us celebs but i once saw that guy on e! and knew he was totally gay...... lol
i'm with you in one thing... Who cares!! ...

Layrayski said...

maybe he was the last guy who knew he is gay. =)

Tammie said...

blooming: yeah, i always thought it was pretty obvious too.

lyra: maybe you're right.

Bridge said...

sometimes its the person who is gay that is the last to know.

Tammie said...

bridge: you are probably right. i long for the time though when this type of thing is no longer newsworthy.

Tammie said...

also i wanted to clarify that i have no issue with gay people. i dont think any persons sexuality is newsworthy.

i dont know if that was clear to the folks that don't really know me.

Gili said...

I would have had no idea he finally came out had it not been for your blog. I'm so glad you post on these important issues to keep me informed. And yes, it's about time.

Tammie said...

im so glad my blog has provided this valuable service to you gili.
:)

in the perfect world that exists in my head, it wouldn't be news.

MamaBlogger said...

omg this cracks me up, esp your comment about the woman on the cover of his album. maybe he's outing himself as a comeback strategy or something. i agree, not news!