Monday, August 4, 2008

Random Thoughts

It's that time again. I can't organize everything in my head so here are some Random Thoughts.


*About three days ago I was in the backyard attempting to teach my children to do cartwheels. Up until then, I hadn't done a cartwheel in about fifteen years. I feel as if I was hit by a Mack truck(see note at end of post). Every part of my body hurts. I'm trying to decide if this means I should do more cartwheels to strengthen my body, or just give up and never do one again.

*Sunday evening I looked up into the sky and saw pigs flying. Then the devil called and informed me that Hell had indeed frozen over. Of course I jest. But I really don't have any other explanation for this:
My mom's hubby preparing to mow the lawn. Miracles can happen. Tomorrow I expect to find a likeness of Jesus on my toast. (Okay, I know I sound mean. Jay has been working a lot lately so I want to make it clear that I really do appreciate Tony doing the front yard. It's just......unusual.)

*One day last week I woke up with the worst sinus headache of my life. I felt awful and looked even worse. I looked like a dogs ass. (In particular, MY dog's ass. She can't seem to stop chewing it lately and it is quite repugnant.) Anyway, after a heating pad and another hour of sleep, I was feeling better, yet still had that dog ass look. So I pulled out one of the anniversary gifts that Jay got me last month, the Bliss Oxygen Energizing Mask.

Seriously, after having this on my face for five minutes I looked like a new woman. It's supposed to be very similar to a facial you can get if you go to the Bliss Spa. I have never been to Bliss so I have no way of knowing if this is truly the case, but I do know I looked less like my dog's ass.

The only problem with this product is the insane price of $52. The hefty price is the reason it was on my gift list. I would never have bought it on my own. I'm trying to make it last the rest of my life.

*Another thing I can't get enough of lately is The Montauk Monster, that thing that washed up on a beach in the Hamptons.

I don't pretend to know whether it's a hoax or if it was a real animal. But it sure is ugly and I like looking at it.


*Fourteen days until the boy goes back to school. We have all our school shopping done and for the first time in history, the boy is actually looking forward to school starting. My only concern is that his hair won't be back to it's normal color by then. It seems to want to stay green. Frightening.

Note: When I originally wrote this, I had spelled 'Mack' as MAC. Jay informed me that this was the incorrect spelling for the trucking company, but the correct one for the makeup company. My response to Jay was, "Well, what if I meant to say that I felt as if I was hit by a truck filled with cosmetics? What do you have to say now, smartypants?!" Then I changed the spelling---because of course Jay was right.

5 comments:

Layrayski said...

Do you know that I always wanted to know how to do cartwheel? Whenever I think about attempting it I always imagined breaking my limbs and neck so that put a stop to that. But I still have that longing to do that even now.

Sorry you had a horrible dog's ass episode. But I have to admit that I laughed out loud about making the energizing mask last. We have a lot of similarities. Hehe

mantauk monster? looks like a mutant to me.

Tammie said...

i think i taught myself to do cartwheels as a kid. i never took gymnastics or anything like that so i dont know if my cartwheels are all that great. in my head i do them perfectly. ha ha

momjeansblogger said...

I think if you got hit with a MAC truck, you would look a lot better than a Mack truck. I got that you meant a truck filled with expensive cosmetics, though. :)

DYSFUNCTIONAL MOM said...

What do you think that Montauk thing is? It's pretty freaky.

Tammie said...

i have no clue about the montauk monster. i've heard some people say maybe its a large turtle without a shell or a dog that died on a boat so they just threw it overboard. either way it is definitely wild.

momjeans: i couldn't agree more.