Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Park

I kept my word. Today Jay and I took the girl to the park and let her stay as long as she wanted, which as it turns out, is only an hour. Who knew? All this time I was thinking she wanted these all day park sessions and I find out she's happy with sixty minutes. I was working myself into a frenzy for nothing---an hour is a breeze.

I'm not one of those moms who bothers to wipe off park equipment before my kid uses it. These slides had huge puddles on them from all the rain. Yep, she slid right through them. When we left, her shorts were dripping.
The girl calls this the "round and round." I could barely take this picture. Just watching it spin triggers my motion sickness. When we go to the park without Jay or another adult, she can't play on it because I can't keep a close enough eye on her. We went first thing in the morning. The sun was shining but it wasn't too hot or too bright yet. We mostly had the whole park to ourselves.



Here she is on that useless piece of playground equipment that you never actually see kids on because it's not really any fun at all. When she first played on it a few weeks ago she mistook it for one of those rides at the mall that you pay 50 cents to bounce up and down on for a minute. When it didn't move she looked up at me and said, "Well, don't you have any money?" Sigh. No Princess, you have to work this one yourself.Hey, check it out---I'm in a couple of these photos. I realize I never show pictures of myself up in these parts. I like to make myself invisible when the camera comes out. I'm elusive, like Bigfoot.And no, I'm not pregnant---it's just a breezy blouse.

Now we're home and she's playing by herself and I'm enjoying the quiet. I may have to make park trips a regular thing.

4 comments:

DYSFUNCTIONAL MOM said...

Even though I know you and I live in the same town, I still do a double-take when I see things I recognize in your pictures. lol
I'm glad y'all had a good time and didn't have to stay all day, too!

Layrayski said...

"Well, don't you have any money?"-- I hurt my chest holding my laughter with that one. Hahaha

haha big foot

BloomingAlmond said...

What a nice park! And yeah... I'm one of those moms who wipes the swings and stuff....
Your little one sure looks happy with those 60mn of fun! :)
The "Well, don't you have any money?" part got me laughing so much :)

Tammie said...

bloomingalmond: rest assured, i will not pick on you mercilessly for being one of 'those moms'.
:)

im just lazy.