Wednesday, August 20, 2008

File Under F for Fay

I learned a few things this morning.

* The day before a hurricane or tropical storm is supposed to come to your town, is NOT the best time to look for all the paperwork about your homeowners insurance. Go figure.

* The system that I have for filing away all of our important paperwork is in need of a complete overhaul. I have a lovely wood filing drawer that I routinely cram things in with absolutely no rhyme or reason.

Don't get me wrong, I know my ABC's and the more basic statements are in the obvious folders. For instance, the statements for Jay's Chevron card are filed under C for Chevron. It's the items with less obvious titles that I have trouble with. As in, the paperwork that Jay received from the doctor after his vasectomy. It could be under J for Jay, D for Doctor, H for Health, I for Insurance, or P for Penis. If I'm feeling especially creative it may even be under W for Wiener or Wang. There really is no telling where I'm going to file something away.

Ours is not a file cabinet you go to when you need an important paper in a hurry. All requests for important paperwork should be given to me, in writing, at least a week in advance. Then the person doing the requesting has the important job of praying that I don't actually file the written request.

Are you wondering what folder the homeowners insurance paperwork was in? Silly you, it wasn't in one at all.

It was in a cabinet in the kitchen under some cookbooks and a bundt pan.


7 comments:

DYSFUNCTIONAL MOM said...

Makes sense to me!
Y'all stay safe.

Tammie said...

You too of course.

RANT: MOTHERHOOD UNCENSORED said...

Penis Synonyms:

http://namingschemes.com/Penis_Synonyms

Thought you might like this, you know, in case you're ever in a jam again ; )

My personal favorite: yogurt gun

Love your blog! You are hysterical! Snappy title and so true of life. Thanks for your comment. It made my day!

Tammie said...

ha ha...I find yogurt gun disgusting and hilarious at the same time. But you can bet I'm gonna use it!

I'm glad you found your way over here.

:)

Apron Thrift Girl said...

Good reminder. I have no idea where any of that is. I'll ask dh and see if he knows...

Tammie said...

it was definitely a wake up call to me to get some of that stuff in order.

i had no idea it was all over the house.

Layrayski said...

"It could be under J for Jay, D for Doctor, H for Health, I for Insurance, or P for Penis. If I'm feeling especially creative it may even be under W for Wiener or Wang."---Priceless! Haha