Saturday, July 5, 2008

Vacation and Ongoing Home Projects: Part Two

Before I get into the home project part of this post I want to mention the house guest we had this weekend. My friend Sarah went away for a few days and we hung out with her chihuahua, Chloe. Chloe is awesome. Honestly, I think my family liked her better than our own chihuahua, Sadie. (Sadie has serious self esteem issues now, by the way.) We love Sadie of course, it's just that she is a spaz. Chloe is more subdued. In the photo below, the boy is holding Chloe.Here are the two of them on my bed:
We miss Chloe. We are all anxiously awaiting the next time Sarah goes out of town.

Jay and I have been very busy the last two days working on our home projects. I feel that if I were to step into The Home Depot one more time they would probably offer me a job. I would have to decline though because orange is not my color.


I finished my chairs. I'm really proud of myself because I've never done anything like this before. I stained and reupholstered these chairs all on my own and I love the way they came out. Here are some pictures of the chairs(or as my daughter would say, "chers". It would probably be quite interesting if I showed you some pictures of Chers, but no, you get chairs.)


I love the stain color. I love the fabric. I don't think I'm going to let my family sit on them. And so help me if a cat scratches on them! Unfortunately I neglected to take a "before" picture so you are unable to fully appreciate the beauty of these chairs in comparison to the craptastic state they were in, but I was able to get the boy to hold a piece of the old upholstery for your viewing:
He looks really pleased to be participating in this doesn't he? He hates it when he has to participate.(As a side note: do you notice the bucket on top of the ac unit in the top left corner of the above picture? I use that to collect rainwater as it falls off the roof. I'm that much of a hippie environmentalist.)

I had planned on giving you a synopsis of the rest of our home projects in this post, but it's now 9:45 so I'll have to save that excitement for next time. Next up: the half bath and my reading nook.

2 comments:

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Love the chairs!
One of our dogs is a major spaz, too, so I feel ya. I love her, but she's..."special".

Tammie said...

thanks!

yeah we consider sadie to be 'special' as well. sometimes even 'damaged.' but we love her.