Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Things I'm Into Right Now:

*My son's green hair:
Okay, technically I don't love the hair. But there are only a few times in your life that society allows you to do something stupid with your hair, and summertime when you're ten is one of those times.

*My son's first trifle, tagged with his initial:Have you caught on yet that his favorite color is green?

*The art for the chicken-breast colored bathroom:


I bought them over at Berkley Illustration, and I gotta say, the stuff they sell is right up my alley. Now I know why I'm always so bored when I go to the art museum. If there are no dolphins in suits, then clearly I'm not interested.

*Taste of Saigon II is a Vietnamese restaurant here in Gainesville. The food is delicious. The fried rice is so good that I don't need to cover it with duck sauce. Plus the servers don't make you feel stupid if you ask questions.(Unfortunately they have no website, or I'd link you up.)

*Mary Had a Little Amp:


This is a great cd that I found in the children's section of the library. It has songs by R.E.M, Jack Johnson, Maroon 5, Moby, and more. The music itself is sort of all over the place---it's not really dance music, not lullabies---but it's still very entertaining. My daughter loves it and so do I. My favorite tune on it is the Maroon 5 version of Pure Imagination. Weirdly pretty.

*My husband.Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. We will have been married eleven years.

4 comments:

The Minimalist said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the green hair. Think I'll start by that art spot. The dolphin is great!

Tammie said...

The dolphin is my favorite too!

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!

Tammie said...

thank you!