Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Random Thoughts

I'm having one of those moments when my mind is hazy and I can't seem to get it together. In my head I'm compiling a list of things I need to do and at the same time I'm mentally balancing the checkbook and listening to the children ask me question after question. Deep breaths. Now for Random Thoughts.

*We think Jay was finally able to fix the leak in the roof. (Did I originally mention the leaky roof? Hmmmm. I can't remember.) Either way, for the last few weeks we've had a combination of towels and saucepans on top of the entertainment center to collect the drippings. I suppose on the upside, my houseplants are now adequately watered. (Speaking of watering houseplants, I want these. Badly.)

*My old lady cat Isabelle has taken to doing her business in the bath tub. I suppose that this is better than my other cat, Polly, who does her business on me, but it's still a hassle.The disposal of it is easy enough, but the smell lingers in the towels and bathmat. Fortunately, my wonderful friend Sarah made me some Sweetgrass Linen Spray, which I now refer to as 'Sarah Spray.' As in, "Isabelle just pooped the tub, somebody bring me the Sarah Spray."

*Is it just me, or does it seem as if my home has been overrun with poop and pee lately? Seriously, it's just everywhere.

*As I mentioned the other day, my son wants green hair. The helpful young fellow at Hot Topic advised us to bleach out the boy's ash blonde hair first so that the green will be vivid and not washed out. Good enough. As I was spraying peroxide on the boy's head this morning I learned of two things that do not mix: peroxide and self tanner. My arms are spotted. I'm hoping this will remedy itself when I shower.

*TV just sucks lately. Really, there is nothing on. As my friend Dawn (aka Beauty Guru) said, "TV is slim pickin's." Slim pickin's indeed.

*Yesterday I introduced the boy to the world of crafting and he found that he not only enjoys, but is really good at sewing. Here he is hard at work making a kitty cat catnip pillow:
Now it's stuffed and almost done:

Here is the finished product being enjoyed by this asshole stray cat that has taken over my house like an uninvited squatter:

Now no one can have the pillow:

(By the way, if anyone wants a cat, I have just the one for you.)

5 comments:

DysFUNctional Mom said...

ha! I have a cat, 5 dogs (4 of which are mine), and another foster on the way this weekend.
You're stuck with those babies!

Tammie said...

i know. as much work as they are sometimes (all the time?), i do love my animals.

that's why i love your blog-your home is filled with the same animal/kid madness. i don't feel so alone.

Layrayski said...

Haha your sense of humor really kills me!Asshole cat-- Bwahaha!

Tammie said...

Lay, he is the meanest, nastiest cat ever. I better be earning some good karma by letting him sleep on my couch and eat my cat food.

Layrayski said...

Oh.

Yeah good karma hehe

And you can call me Lyra. :)

Layrayski was just a sort of a brief psychotic break one night.