Thursday, July 31, 2008

The $10,000 Question

So last night Jay and I were laying in bed. He was watching Keith Olbermann and I was deeply into the last few pages of 'The Other Boleyn Girl.' The last chapter is exciting and filled with drama and I was right to the point when poor Anne was about to get her head chopped off when Jay interrupted me and asked, "Would you eat someones used band-aid for $10,000?"

Obviously, my immediate response was, "No way." But then Jay pointed out that we could certainly use $10,000. Then he went on to add that he'd probably do it for $5,000.

I thought about it a moment and said, "Well, what about diseases? Can I choose whose band aid I eat? I guess I could stomach one of the kid's or yours."

He quickly asked, "What if it was Keith Olbermann's band aid?"

Okay, admittedly I loves me some Keith Olbermann but the relationship he and I have only lasts for one hour a day and I don't know what he does in his spare time. So my answer is no.

Jay was quiet for a bit and then he leaned over and said, "Well, I'd eat your band aid for a hundred bucks."

I am strangely honored.

4 comments:

Layrayski said...

This blog makes me grimace with distaste and at the last moment makes me say "awwww" Hehe stories like these are what I consider super romantic. :)

Tammie said...

ha ha..thats kinda how i felt too.

DYSFUNCTIONAL MOM said...

I almost threw up.
I have a strong aversion to used band-aids. They terrify me.
I think the offer would have to be at least half a million for me to even consider it.
Off to throw up now...
;o)

Tammie said...

ha ha....sorry you are disgusted...i kinda am too;)