Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We need bleach. Lots and Lots of bleach.

The other evening I was relaxing in bed with my book when suddenly I hear the panicked voice of one of my children yelling, "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!" As I leave my room I'm met by water streaming from the toilet in the bathroom that's off the living room. The entire floor of the bathroom is under water and so is one quarter of the living room. Toilet water is under the piano and making its way to throw rugs and the curtains. Like a filthy, disgusting, dirty tsunami, it's overtaking any toy or doll in it's way.

Fortunately, Jay was level headed enough to handle the situation and stop the flow of water.

This incident taught me two things and I'm going to pass them on to you, my loyal readers. The first being, as soon as your kid can use the toilet, teach them how to turn the water off to the toilet. Really. Take my word on this. Secondly, children are not good helpers in a time of crisis. Especially if the crisis involves messy potty water. Mine could be seen speeding from the bathroom, underwear in hand, and yelling that the "potty is throwing up."

4 comments:

DysFUNctional Mom said...

I am so NOT laughing at that last sentence!
ahahahah!

Tammie said...

it was awful. i can laugh now that it's over but at the time i just wanted to hide.

Heather said...

what a nightmare. I actually had a little time (not really, I should be working) to have a look around your old posts and saw the pee/poo category and since I deal with this topic frequently and daily, I knew I could relate. Very good advice by the way!

Tammie said...

heather it was terrible. i still think about it from time to time.

my son knows how to turn the water off at the back though now. lesson learned.