Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy

This past Saturday I received a care package from Beauty Guru. This is the kind of friendship she and I have. Over the course of a few months, we compile things we know the other one will like. Usually it includes books we've read, magazines, small inexpensive trinkets, beauty products and samples, etc. I'm always so excited when I get a box because I never know what is going to be in it. I was simply over the moon when I opened this particular box and saw the Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy. (Yeah, I still get the occasional pimple. You wanna make something of it?)

I've been using the Bare Escentuals line for a few years now, having been introduced to it by, duh, Beauty Guru. Their products do not disappoint and the Blemish Therapy is no different. It dried out my blemish in one night which I thought was awesome. Even more awesome though was that it didn't dry out the skin around the blemish. Pretty amazing really. Another plus is that it also conceals, so it can be worn during the day as well. I am now devoted to this product.

Prior to this, when I would get a pimple I would use Kiehl's Blue Herbal Spot Treatment. The Kiehl's stuff works, don't get me wrong, but it hurts like all get out. Seriously, when I put it on I feel as if my skin is being eating by millions of tiny little bloodthirsty barracuda. The Rare Minerals is much gentler.

If you need this kind of product, and lets be honest, most of us do sometimes, I highly recommend the Blemish Therapy. If you don't have a Beauty Guru for a best friend who will send it to you for free, it will cost you twenty-eight buckaroos. Kinda pricey, but I see mine lasting quite a few months before needing to be replaced.

2 comments:

DysFUNctional Mom said...

Oh, I wanna try some of this! I need to work some overtime to afford it though!

Tammie said...

ha ha...yeah...all the bare escentuals stuff comes with a hefty price tag. i eat garbanzo beans outta the can for lunch to offset the expense. if only i was joking :)