Thursday, May 15, 2008

Recent Purchase

Gas is expensive. Duh.
To use less gas, Jay has been riding his bike to work a few days a week. But he is motivated. He wants to do more. So he bought this:

He has attached it to the back of his bike and the plan is to take it on small trips to the grocery store, maybe the liquor store. (Because the rising cost of gas is not going to keep us away from the liquor store dammit!) We have already used it for it's intended purpose, carrying a small child around. Seeing it in use reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld when Kramer and Newman used the homeless for their rickshaw.

We ordered this from a company called Nashbar. It was on sale and shipping was minimal and it came super fast. We tried to buy it here locally but the cheapest we could find it for was $150---way more than we paid.

It holds up to 100 pounds. Which means that if I could quit eating Swedish fish and leftover Barbie Pop Tart remnants that I find in the couch cushions, I might one day be able to go for a ride. Yeah right.

1 comment:

:: Lesley :: said...

OH that's awesome. I have always wanted one of those..... I need a bike too.. but oh so fun!