I'm having a hard time properly organizing everything in my head this morning. When that happens, the best thing to do is to make a list. So here is a few random ideas, thoughts, and questions to start the week off.
1. Did you watch 60 Minutes last night? Of course you didn't because you are not 85 years old. I, on the other hand, might possibly be. Well, you missed a good interview with Alec Baldwin by Morley Safer. And I promise this is the last time I will ever mention Morley Safer on these pages. Or probably anyone named Morley for that matter. I will not promise to never mention Alec again though, no matter how much you beg.
2. I saw Persepolis yesterday. It was really good and stayed true to the books. Even Jay liked it.
3. I have an appointment with the eye doctor on Wednesday. I have successfully avoided the eye doctor for fifteen years but it is time to be able to see again. I wonder what vision is like. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
4. A few nights ago, one of my neighbors across the street was using their leaf blower at 10:00 at night. What would possess someone to do this? I certainly don't think I'm bitchy when it comes to neighbors making noise. I put up with the year long fireworks. I understand the need to use loud power tools. I'm aware that sometimes it's impossible to get your dog to shut up when all they want to do is bark for no reason. But a leaf blower at night? Why would someone get dressed, and in the case of this particular neighbor, put on their socks and sandals, move their cars from the driveway, and commence leaf blowing? I don't get it.
5. It still hasn't rained here. I don't know when it last rained or if/when it will ever rain again. It's sad actually.