Monday, April 28, 2008

No I haven't bought it. Yet

If you know me at all then you know that I am constantly waging a war with the part of me that wants to spend money. Lately, I think I'm winning. I haven't really been buying too many non-necessities. The UPS man hasn't come to see me too much lately. Even the mail man hasn't had to get out of his mail truck to bring the usual armful of purchases that don't fit in the mailbox.

I'm about to concede defeat though because of The Ped Egg:
When I first saw the commercial for The Ped Egg I thought, "Gross." But over time, and through the magic of marketing, I have become desensitized to the idea of having a container full of my used foot skin.

I mentioned the Ped Egg to resident beauty guru, and my best friend, Dawn. The following is a transcript of a conversation that she and I had:



"Have you heard of the Ped Egg?"








" I have it.....it's awesome!"






"Really? You are too cool."












"Yep...it even worked on my husbands feet."









"You are my new idol."




Sooooooo...... I guess the point is that I'm probably going to shell out the ten bucks and purchase the Ped Egg. It is beauty guru approved.(When I empty my foot skin shavings though I have to admit it's going to be hard to stop thinking it looks like the parmesan cheese they sprinkle on your salad at The Olive Garden.)
Ped Egg, you may have kept me from winning this battle with my finances, but I'm still winning the war.





No comments: