Sunday, February 17, 2008

Music

Lately it seems that the folks that choose songs for commercials are inside my head.

For instance:

The Zune commercial that has a girl jumping through various doorways, pools of water, picture frames, etc...., all set to Rogue Wave's "Lake Michigan"---love it. I find the girl slightly irritating so I try to not look at her and just enjoy the song. I think what bothers me most about her is the outfit she sports. I owned an outfit like that back in 1996 when I was the assistant manager at Contempo Casuals. (Don't think I didn't think I was the shit.) The outfit so resembles one I had that I half expect one of the doorways she jumps through to be my closet at my parents old house. Anyways, the outfit didn't work then and it doesn't work now.

Another commercial with a great song is the new Macbook commercial with "New Soul" by Yael Naim.

Such a beautiful voice she has.

Now I know the "A Diamond is Forever" commercials are way corny but I love them and I have to admit, sometimes I might get a little teary eyed at them. This one is my favorite:




The song is "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg.

It seems that lately, I'm enjoying the songs on commercials much more than the songs on the radio, which pisses me off because I allow XM to deduct $17 from my account every month so that I don't have to hear crappy music. My husband has access to the satellite radio more than I do but yet it seems that every time I get into the car I am forced to listen to "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" by the Spin Doctors. I don't know why almost every XM station feels the need to play it and I don't know what morons are still requesting it be played. I hate this song!! I would take out a no money down, adjustable rate mortgage on my house to pay every radio station in America to NEVER play this song again. THAT'S how much I hate it. I remember a few years back the lead singer, Chris Barron, had some sort of throat problems and all the music magazines told me he would never sing again. I was freaking overjoyed!!! But they all lied because by some miracle of Satan he was back at it a few years later.

Oh and just for the record, I hate the song in this commercial:





No comments: